What else can you post?
- Local information – fairs and festivals, charity events and markets – all of these will encourage people out of their houses
- Changes to opening hours – if you open early for the Monday morning commuters to pick up a travel ticket, tell Facebook and Twitter
- New stock – got a white chocolate orange? Shout about it. Or cause some light-hearted controversy – show your KitKat with a bite taken out of two bars at once!! Debate the difference between crunchy and smooth peanut butter (does anyone like both??), the merits of pineapple on pizza, the best or worst flavour of crisps – everyone has an opinion!!
- New services – if you’ve started offering home delivery, share posts from the Basket page
- You can share posts from local groups – if there’s a toddler group newly opening in the village hall, tell your customers what they need to know to sign up – they’ll walk home past your store and you could get some regular business – and you’ll help grow your network because the group will (probably) share your posts in future too
Share news from local businesses – get to know the nearby restaurants and rave about their onion bhajis or double chocolate pudding or tell people that you can’t wait for the new bakery to open, or that you got a great haircut from the barber – when lockdown ends, these stores can use some support
Special offers – whether you’re doing a special meal deal or you’ve got 6 boxes of mini cheddars to clear, it helps if people know about your deals
Long-standing services and products – “Did you know we sell useful household items – from spare bathroom plugs to sewing kits, shoelaces and fuses.” Not everyone will know what you offer. Make a list and feature every category at least once over the next few months
Have you been in the area for a long time? How about sharing some history – old photographs can really engage a local group – you might find some of these from your local library
Regular posts will help your customers to see the friendly and personable side of your business and it’ll help people understand what services you offer.